Ten Things I Enjoy:
1) I love to take long walks
2) I enjoy most being one-on-one with people and having deep discussions
3) Animals! We have the sweetest, smartest and most neurotic dog in the world.
4) I love being the only girl in my family (I have a wonderful husband, two amazing sons and that neurotic (male) dog.)
5) Since I’m surrounding by ‘my men’ at home, I delight in my ministry to young teen girls. I do lots of informal discipleship—through meeting together, sharing, praying, memorizing Scripture.
6) I love to hear the sound of a natural spring gurgling, a child giggling, my sons laughing, my husband singing, birds chirping.
7) I'm not a great cook, but I do enjoy baking and I do like chocolate.
8) I like watching movies but I don’t like to watch the news on TV—too depressing.
9) I love to cuddle up in bed at the end of a long day with a good book.
10) I enjoy taking photos and putting them in scrapbooks--I have about 50 of them and was 'scrapbooking' before that was even a word!
Books that have inspired me, entertained me, taught me, ministered to me, touched me deeply, in no particular order (except the first which continues to change my life daily):
The Holy Bible
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
Please Understand Me by Keirsey and Bates
On Writing Well by William Zinsser
Writer to Writer by Bodie Thoene
Immortal Poems of the English Language edited by Oscar Williams
Feeling Good by David Burns, M.D.
Deeper by Debbie Alsdorf
The Kite Runner by Kaled Hosseini
Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
All the Way Home by Ann Tatlock
On Writing by Stephen King
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Ensemble, C'est Tout by Anna Gavalda
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Heaven by Randy Alcorn
Money, Possessions and Eternity by Randy Alcorn
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Christy by Catherine Marshall
The Zion Chronicles and The Zion Covenant series by Boede Thoene
The Anthology of English Literature, Vol. 1 and 2
Mary Higgins Clark's mysteries
Rebecca by Daphne DeMaurier
As a Girl:
Anything by Marguerite Henry, CW Anderson, Walter Farley
Nancy Drew Mysteries
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Stories by Victoria Holt and Mary Stuart
I'm privileged to be part of a group called 'Pearl Girls'. This organization was founded by Margaret McSweeny. To read about the book that came out out in 2010 as well as the ministries we support, click here.